Thursday, July 18, 2013

I just finished washing and storing and using that of which I was making for supper tonight from my BlueBird Gardens CSA share.  What a wonderful bounty in such a tough growing season.


Unfortunately, Americans have lost sight of what "real fresh, real wonderful, real satisfying food is." Why?  
My thoughts are: complete laziness. It does not take a rocket scientist to wash and store that which the TRUE rocket scientists GROW FOR US! After all, that is super hard work.  To pick a bag of peas, is WORK. To grow it, WORK!

Americans are unhealthy by choice, not because of circumstances beyond their control.
My challenge to you and yours is to prioritize and refocus on the bounty at your finger tips.  Then simply take 15 minutes each day to wash and eat some veggies.
As I write this, I am listening to BUBBLE GUPPIES, but above that noise, I hear a little girl chomping on fresh lettuce and saying mmmmm mmm mmm Mama!

Wake up America!  Eat small amounts and choose foods that fuel you to help you serve others.  Satisfaction comes from service, not from Self Service!

Dr. Ala

No comments:

Post a Comment